Stitching Stars

Today I’m working on stitching star blocks for Common Bride.  The seems are 1.5 inches long and need to stop and start 1/4 inch from the edge so I find them easier to hand piece ... at least until I get to the final corner pieces which can go side to side.  I need 25 of these.  Today I finished 2 more up to  needing the final corner and have two more to work on after my walk

Adding outer ring of diamonds

Waiting for the outer ring of diamonds



I need to cut and mark more diamonds to make the centres and edges.   Many of the four patches have their corners marked but there are still a few handfuls that need their dots.  So that will also be for after my walk so that I can have something in my purse for handwork his week.

Inserting four patches
Once the four patches are added, more diamonds surround the outside.  I’m using a simple running stitch on the pencil line of the diamond aligning the edges.  Every few stitches I take a back stitch to help secure the line of stitches and usually remember to tie a small knot at the end of the diamond before adding the next one

Stitching sample
One star block will get dark corners and the rest white corners.  The dark corner block is for the very centre of the quilt so I’m waiting until they are all done so I can choose which one I’d like for the centre.


Linking up with Kathy’s Slow Stitching Sunday

Comments

  1. I like that you posted the photos along with the step by step. Cute block.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.