2018 Planning

Yvonne at Quilting Jet Girl is holding a planning party again for the coming year.  While I haven't done a lot of quilting in the last 6 months, I've done some and am getting back to it.  So am participating again.  The goals will be similar to last year.

Quilting:

1.  The Motivation Monday worked really well in the first half of the year.  As I stopped and planned what was realistic to accomplish for each item for the week, I found myself accomplishing what I wanted to.  Until I got distracted by trip planning, hiking and a messy sewing area.  The Sewing area is now cleaned up, the trip is completed and there's only the photo book left to finish so I've started sewing again.  I did finish some of the twelve items I had picked and moved others along.  I think for 2018, I'll just continue to work the 2017 list and move items along or finish them.   This is one of the blocks from Common Bride.  Some of this is hand work and will go in my purse for meetings where I can stitch.


2.  So far 4 items have been quilted this year.  I have an appointment to go quilt later this week so will get atleast one more done.  Next year, I'd like to get 6 things quilted.  Twelve would be nice but I know we want to hike again next year so I'm not sure that will be realistic.

Photography:

1.  Learn Photoshop.  That didn't happen this year.  I think for next year, I'm going to need to designate one evening a week to sit down and spend time with the Lynda.com courses and the other course that I purchased.  I'm not sure at this point if it will be Monday or Wednesday evening but I'll pick one.

2.  Tidy up Lightroom.  This is still on my list.  I did make some progress but still have more work to do so it will continue.

Walking and Hiking

1.  Continue walking next year.  I've made my step goal everyday this year.  I'm planning to continue the walking.  What I'm not sure yet is whether I'll commit to the 10K a day or if I'll be ok with missing 1 day a week.   I know I will be setting a limit as to how many will be ok to miss.

2.  We've been working our way along the Bruce Trail.  I'd like to get past the halfway point next year.  We are close.  I think its about 60 km to go.  We need to plan what hikes we will do next year and if we are doing a week of walking.  Its getting difficult to drive up to where we've reached, hike all day and head home.




Comments

  1. I like that you are weaving in some personal goals (walking and hiking) as well in your plans for 2018. I have a goal to walk 3-5 miles each day, so I certainly appreciate how important that can be! I hope that you enjoy the projects that you work on next year and that by setting a time to learn Photoshop you find you feel confident with it early in the year. Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.