March One Monthly Goal

The goal was to atleast complete the top which I did do by mid month.  I ended up with a quiet weekend and made wonderful progress then completing the top.  It now looks like this


The strips for binding are cut and ready to be stitched together and pressed.  I haven't purchased the backing yet so it is still waiting to be quilted.  I did a search for gravity quilts and most of the ones I found are very densely custom quilted which I don't think I want to do.  I see hearts in all the shapes and am considering something heart related.  I don't think I want to do a pantograph for this one. 

I think this is the only sewing I've done this month.  I got a new computer and have spent a bunch of time getting it setup, tidying some photos, learning a bit more about photoshop and some time colouring a calendar which has been fun.  March is almost over and the March page is 2/3 done. 
Linking up with Patty's One Monthly Goal


Comments

  1. Wow, just beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing your quilting, will that be another OMG? I have this quilt in the making as well, and agree with you on the quilting I've seen, many are a little too heavily/fancy quilted for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Edith. I'm not sure when I'll get it quilted. I don't think there'll be an opportunity in April so will probably choose something else for OMG this month.

      Delete
  2. I really love that quilt. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty. It was a fun quilt to make. I'm looking forward to getting it quilted.

      Delete
  3. Your quilt is gorgeous. I love all the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. It was fun to make.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.