February Quilting Goal

Patty at Elm Street Quilts has one monthly goal open for February for just a few more days.  I had to think a bit about which project to work on this month.  There are several to choice from.  But in the end Flakey Friends, from The Quilt Patch, won.  Its been a year since I worked on it at the guild retreat.  There were 12 snow flakes left to stitch.  Friday night I stitched two of them.  It took about 35 minutes each.  The snowmen and stars at the top also need their stitching.  Then once the top is assembled there are some additional stars to be added and the bottom snowman needs his other arm.


When I first started the stitching I played with some stitches on the machine to see which I liked best on this scrap from the quilt.  I pinned a note with the stitch number, width and length that I liked.  Fortunately it caught kept with the project.  (Although last year when I blogged about this quilt after the retreat, I did include a similar photo just in case).


The goal this month is to finish all the blanket stitching and assemble the top.  I think I should be able to make an appointment and go quilt it and get it fully finished.  I purchased backing when I ordered the kit so I don't even have to figure that out.  I do need to check the size to see if it needs to be pieced or if it needs leaders/enders to fit on the long arm. 

I bought this kit in 2012 thinking it would be quick to make and would be cozy to cuddle under after some surgery later that year.  Surgery came and went and the kit sat in its box behind the cutting table.  As much as I like the quilt for some reason it languished in its shipping box until November 2014. This will be the month to finish this quilt and finally get to snuggle under it and enjoy a good book.

The other thing that needs to happen this month is to due this month's clue from January's goal.   I want to keep up with the guild BOM for the rest of the mystery so I dont have bits and pieces laying about come September.  But the main goal is my snowman friends.

Comments

  1. Love those snowmen. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.