Posts

Showing posts from October, 2014

Celtic Solstice Finished

Image
In March I finished the top, made the binding and tucked it all away to be quilted at some point.  The other week, I had a week's vacation and on the last day arranged to rent Elaine's long arm.  It took all day but it got loaded (and then fixed cause I loaded the backing on the wrong roller -- note to self -- check the leaders on the rolls, they are label which one is which) and then quilted.  The first picture is the product of a long, fun day draped over Elaine's machine.  Its all quilted with a pattern called Dancing Ribbons.


After some dinner and a rest that evening, I added the binding and started the hand stitching. It took a week to finish but the quilt now has binding and a sleeve in preparation for the guild show next spring. The label is written out and sitting on the ironing board waiting to be pressed and added to the quilt.


Two of the alternate blocks. I liked Bonnie's design and an alternate I saw on one of the linky parties. So I used both.

I'm…