Wonders!

One of my favorite quilts is a one block wonder.  I look for the at quilt shows and love to see the original fabric and what it came become when chopped into matching 60 degree triangles.
I bought the first book a few years ago and some flower headed pins the book recommends.  Last spring I bought a fabric to make myself a one block wonder quilt.  Its was a shinny fish fabric

Its been sitting on the corner of my cutting table or in a box on the shelf ever since waiting for me to get a round to it. 
Earlier this year, the guild announced a One Block Wonder workshop in May with Maggie Butterfield Dickinson  So I signed up.  Yesterday was the day. 

In the morning we cut our six matching sections and got everything pinned and lined up nicely.  Then trimmed edges and cut strips.  I took a 60 degree triangle I bought for a workshop with Jackie Black many years ago.  I was thinking this was the first time I've used it since that workshop but I think I did use it for a group exchange as well.  Anyway it got a good workout yesterday.  I cut 2 of the 3 strips into triangles and all 34 sets got sewn during the workshop.  I had them on a piece of flannel at the workshop (the last bunch didn't fit).  This morning I put them back on the design wall (the red triangles are pat of the guild BOM that's to the left of this one)

I'm so pleased with this.  I did see a couple of near identical ones that I may take apart and twist the triangles -- or not.  I'll have to see once the whole thing is coming together how much it bothers me.
Some of my favorites.  I think I'll makes some cubes as well (I borrowed book 2 from the guild library)  Between that and the class notes from Jackie's class I should be good.  An underwater wonder. :)  





I'm Happy Dancing :)

Comments