Guild BOM

This year for the Mississauga Quilters Guild Block of the Month (BOM) program they've given us a choice of two patterns. I'm working on the Quilting with Laura pattern by Linda Halpin. The patterns in the quilt are all inspired from the "Little House on the Prairie" series. The first few months we got copies of the pattern. Then we received copies of the book and can now work at our own speed.
I briefly considered hand piecing as that's how the instructions are written but that thought didn't last long. So I've been machine piecing. I took the book to work one day and spent my lunch time coming up with a list of all the pieces I needed to cut for the blocks. A colleague saw me in the lunch room with my paper and pencil and came over to scold me for working at lunch.  Once she saw it was quilting, all was well. 
So far this is my quilt. The extra bits on the side are either the missing half square triangles (missed counting six of them) or an extra goose that may become a filler block.
The fabrics in this all (except two larger pieces of red) come from the scrap boxes -- beige, orange, red, and purple. Even once I get the dove and school house blocks done, I don't think there will be much of a dent in some of the boxes.

Comments