365 Week 2

Wednesday evening I got this weeks blocks made for the 365 challenge. In a "we are here" post, she let us know that there are 96 blocks to be made for this dark border. I'm going to work in groups of 8 and do a rainbow. First 8 are green and second 8 are blue. Next up is Purple. After the 6 colours I'll do 6 pairs of colours.



Last night I went downstairs to get some orange scraps for Karen for her 365 challenge blocks. On Sunday when I wanted to trim the quilt to add the binding, I had to move stuff off the cutting table and piled it onto a small table. I looked at the stack last night and thought I should start sorting through it and find homes for things.
Still waiting to be sorted

A few things got put away then I found the table runner from a Guild workshop in February 2014 with Judy Cotter on Celtic quilting. It wanted some borders so I looked at the fabrics I had used in the centre and decided which ones would go where. There wasn't a lot of the colours left but there was just enough to border it and to make a binding. I'll need to plan putting this binding on because there are more joins in it than I care for

Ready for quilting
binding and small piece of left over fabric Just in case! 
Linking up with Esther's WOW

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog this weekend! I like the idea of the rainbow of blocks - great way to use some stash, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.