Sunday, January 12, 2014

Holiday Progress

I spent a great deal of the holiday time working on the shawl. The main body is finished and ready for the edgings
The night before we came home, I finished knitting the border. There is one spot where I dropped two stitches and will try to tie them in. Hopefully it works. I've never had to purl 15 together before and somehow on one of the shells I lost 2 of the 15.

This is the sewing machine that I learned to sew on. I did some stitching for Dad then tried to get some work done on steps 1 and 2 of Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice mystery. At first the machine didn't seem to like the thinner thread but changing a needle seemed to solve the problem. The next day even the new needle wasn't helping so eventually I put a regular spool of thread on the machine. That did work better and I got the rest of step 2 stitched.

This weekend I've had lots of fun stitching on my regular machine. All of steps 3 & 4 are finished. Now to start cutting lots of neutral triangles for step 5. I really like an alternate arrangement I saw of the top so will need to play with the arrangement once the bits and pieces are all made.

Linking up with Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice page


  1. Looks like you have a great start! It is totally worth the effort. I have enjoyed looking at your Blog.

    1. Thank you. I finished my knitting project so plan to get back to the quilting. I'm looking forward to getting this one done. The pictures I've seen look really nice.