Productive Procrastination?

This weekend was suppose to be do a few errands then start thread painting the Christmas Club quilt, Bringing Home the Tree.  The final reveal is on the 21st and this is as far as I've gotten with the top -- no change since October.

I did the couple of errands I needed to do Saturday morning and spent the rest of the weekend on many things except the thread painting.

On Wednesday I rented a long arm machine and quilted my first two quilts on it.  One is a guild community outreach quilt and the other has been lurking in the stash for many years.  It will probably go to the guild's outreach program as well.  Before going out on Saturday morning, I got the binding stitched on and just need to do the hand stitching.  They both use the same pattern.  It was a fun afternoon.  I think in the New Year I'll have try again with some other quilts that are lined up waiting for me to quilt them. 




I also cut out more red and white half square triangles and white squares for the guild block of the month.  I now have a lots of white squares available.  I will need lots more I think.  Today I stitched this month's section together.

cutting lots of little squares and piecing half square triangles

more triangles ready to piece

The fourth section all done

year to date


Yesterday and today I also worked on cutting out part 1 and 2 of Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Mystery quilt (the link will take you to a linky on her website of people's progress).  Its the first time I've used the tri-rec rulers.  I've had them for a while but I don't remember using them before.  So I sewed on of the part 1 triangles to check the measurements.  Today I used part 1 as enders and leaders in stitching the guild bom.  Eventually the bom was all stitched along with 60 triangles but there was still time left in my movie so I stitched the rest of the right hand sides on the part 1 pieces.  They are all pressed and ready for the second part to be stitched on but I really need to do the thread painting first
 
part 1 cut out

Part 1 & 2 all cut out and ready to stitch
Trial run of step 1

Trial run of step 2

part 2  I took all of these and the yellow ones and marked them while watching a movie.  I hadn't planned to mark all of them but kept watching the movie and ended up with them all done.

Half way through part 1

side view of part 1


Comments

  1. I got my clue #1 done and about half of #2. I am hoping to get serious about finishing them up tonight...I hate getting behind and I know it will just keep getting busier at Christmas nears...I sure would consider what you got done as PROGRESS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. I think I made a lot of progress just not on what I had planned. Oh Well, deadlines are good (sometimes). Hope you are enjoying the quilting

      Delete
  2. You certainly have a lot going on! Your CS is coming right along. Did you get the thread painting done, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. That's next on the agenda. Should be able to get an hour in tonight. Hope you are enjoying the mystery

      Delete
  3. You have been busy! I love the red blocks on your design wall.

    I'm still drawing lines on Unit 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good movie helped with the line drawing. Hope you are enjoying the mystery

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I do try to respond to comments.